Using DefenderShield® Cell Phone Cases
When using your cell phone, just keep the shielded flip cover between your body and radiation-emitting mobile device. There is no shielding in the back of the cover so there is no interference with the wireless connection when you are on the phone talking.
- Answer or dial your cell phone.
- Flip the shielded front cover closed over the screen, and lift the phone up to your ear.
- Speak on the phone as you normally would. Voice and sound quality will not be affected since the microphone is on the bottom of your phone and there is a small opening for sound to reach your ear. The person you are speaking to will hear you clearly and there will be no reduction in your ability to hear them.
- If you put your phone in your pocket, purse or bag, keep the shielded front cover closed and facing towards your body. This creates a barrier to block emissions from your device to your body.
My DefenderShield® Case is either hanging up on my calls, randomly dialing numbers, or opening apps on my phone.
Apple has designed the 3D touch screens on newer models of the iPhone such as iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models to have adjustable screen sensitivity. If your phone is acting unexpectedly when closing the cover of your case, this can be easily solved by adjusting the sensitivity of the touchscreen in your phone settings. Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch. You can either turn this feature completely OFF or set the sensitivity slider to FIRM to make the the 3D touch screen less sensitive.
This is only applicable for the iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus models.
- Open the universal phone case.
- Remove the top layer of the adhesive, which is located on the black rectangle on the inside of the back side of the case.
- Slide the rectangle to the very bottom of the track.
- Center the phone over the case, ensuring the front flap will completely cover the phone, before pressing down on the phone screen to secure the back of the phone to the adhesive.
- To use the camera, slide the phone upward until the camera lens is above the back of the case.
- To talk on the phone or carry your phone in your pocket, slide the phone back down to ensure a secure fit inside the case, and close the front of the case for EMF protection.