Last Updated on July 28, 2020
Podcast Interview – Stacked Podcast with Joe DiStefano
Joe DiStefano is an international speaker, fitness expert, entrepreneur and lifestyle coach. After a traumatic brain injury, Joe dedicated his life to finding health again. During his eight years as Head of Sport and Training at Spartan Race, Joe worked with professional endurance athletes and taught seminars all over the world. Joe founded RUNGA to empower individuals through effective and sustainable practices that fuel health, wellness and performance. His podcast and talks focus on ingraining profound mindset shifts and giving audiences the courage and the tools to align their actions with their objectives throughout daily life.
Joe speaks to EMF expert and DefenderShield co-founder Daniel DeBaun to dive into the research on EMF and why it isn’t common knowledge, despite the clear link between radiation and cancer. Daniel DeBaun founded DefenderShield after 30+ years as an engineer and executive in the telecom industry, working for Bell and AT&T labs. Dan’s background in telecommunications shaped his interest – and then his concern – in EMF and the role it plays in disrupting our connection to the environment. Thanks to Dan’s engineering background, he was able to invent a shielding technology that could block the specific RF and ELF frequencies cell phones, laptops, and tablets emit. Dan and Ryan also wrote a best-selling guide book to EMF radiation, called Radiation Nation: The Fallout of Modern Technology.
On this podcast, Dan and Joe discuss hypersensitivity, liver detoxes, pregnancy, 5G, Bluetooth, and more. At the end, Dan offers his best tips for reducing the danger of EMF in your home and your life.
Enjoy the show!
- Dan’s backstory: 30 years in the telecom industry (2:00)
- Brain cancer and fertility rates (7:30)
- How does EMF disrupt our connection to the environment? (12:20)
- Concussions (16:00)
- The prevalence of hypersensitivity: Why are women more affected? (21:00)
- Joe’s experience with clients and liver detoxes (25:30)
- Hydration and structured water (27:00)
- Why kids would be more susceptible to EMF (28:30)
- Why does it take so long for information about cancer sources to become mainstream? (34:30)
- The effects of RF on pregnancy (38:45)
- Distance significantly reduces impact (42:00)
- Is WiFi worse than Bluetooth? What’s the difference between blue and white light? (44:00)
- What does gut bacteria have to do with all of this? (49:30)
- Advice for future parents (52:00)
- Headphones don’t solve the whole problem (55:45)
- How do you talk to skeptics you care about? (59:30)